Officials at Turfway Park, which at the end of 2010 completed five full years of racing on Polytrack, said the results have been largely positive, and there is no thought of returning to dirt.
With the racing industry being scrutinized in the area of track safety, the seventh annual Track Superintendent Field Day conference at Keeneland June 2-3 seemed an especially timely opportunity for questions to be answered by synthetic-track maintenance professionals from around the country.
Opening night, Sept. 5, will mark the two-year anniversary of the debut of Polytrack at Turfway Park, officials of which continue to collect data on a daily basis to learn more about the surface.
Turfway Park has promoted longtime staff member Jeff Chapman to the position of track superintendent.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Model Approach - By Eric Mitchell
- Wood, Breeder of Favorite Trick, Dies at 81
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- Breeders' Cup Selects Board of Directors
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings