Officials at Turfway Park, which at the end of 2010 completed five full years of racing on Polytrack, said the results have been largely positive, and there is no thought of returning to dirt.
With the racing industry being scrutinized in the area of track safety, the seventh annual Track Superintendent Field Day conference at Keeneland June 2-3 seemed an especially timely opportunity for questions to be answered by synthetic-track maintenance professionals from around the country.
Opening night, Sept. 5, will mark the two-year anniversary of the debut of Polytrack at Turfway Park, officials of which continue to collect data on a daily basis to learn more about the surface.
Turfway Park has promoted longtime staff member Jeff Chapman to the position of track superintendent.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- The Legacy of Gone West
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop