New York Thoroughbred Breeders to administer New York Stallion Stakes Series nominations for the 2017 breeding season
The New York-breeding program had two runners in last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). This year it appears three Empire state-breds will go: International Star, Upstart, and Tencendur.
Legislation has been introduced in both houses of the New York legislature to require the owners of a future commercial casino to make whole any losses suffered by horsemen and breeders at nearby Finger Lakes.
On the heels of a healthy selected yearlings sale earlier this week, optimism is high on the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga grounds as attention shifts to New York-breds for this weekend's preferred yearling sale Aug. 9-10.
Seeking to make long-stalled legislative gains in the aftermath of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s shutdown, a number of racing interests are stepping up efforts to create a single, statewide OTB network.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders and New York Racing Association announced a price reduction in foal nominations to the New York Stallion Stakes Series for progeny of New York-based stallions.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth