The New York-breeding program had two runners in last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). This year it appears three Empire state-breds will go: International Star, Upstart, and Tencendur.
Legislation has been introduced in both houses of the New York legislature to require the owners of a future commercial casino to make whole any losses suffered by horsemen and breeders at nearby Finger Lakes.
On the heels of a healthy selected yearlings sale earlier this week, optimism is high on the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga grounds as attention shifts to New York-breds for this weekend's preferred yearling sale Aug. 9-10.
Seeking to make long-stalled legislative gains in the aftermath of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s shutdown, a number of racing interests are stepping up efforts to create a single, statewide OTB network.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders and New York Racing Association announced a price reduction in foal nominations to the New York Stallion Stakes Series for progeny of New York-based stallions.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill