Legislation has been introduced in both houses of the New York legislature to require the owners of a future commercial casino to make whole any losses suffered by horsemen and breeders at nearby Finger Lakes.
On the heels of a healthy selected yearlings sale earlier this week, optimism is high on the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga grounds as attention shifts to New York-breds for this weekend's preferred yearling sale Aug. 9-10.
Seeking to make long-stalled legislative gains in the aftermath of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s shutdown, a number of racing interests are stepping up efforts to create a single, statewide OTB network.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders and New York Racing Association announced a price reduction in foal nominations to the New York Stallion Stakes Series for progeny of New York-based stallions.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid