Spendthrift Farm's two-time champion Beholder has been scratched from the Fasig-Tipton November sale in Lexington to continue her recovery from an illness that knocked her out of the Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Owners at the Thoroughbred Ownership Conference were given a tutorial in proper horse care, common health and physical problems, and what some organizations are doing to improve the quality of life for horses and people.
There will be no Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) this year for Moulin de Mougin, winner of the John C. Mabee Stakes (gr. IIT), who is scheduled for a 60-day break to get over bone bruising suffered in a spill.
The Tin Man, a 9-year-old multi-millionaire who has experienced continued stakes success on the racetrack, suffered a fractured knee while coming out of anesthesia following an Oct. 25 surgical procedure.
What veterinary records a new horse owner is entitled to was one of the issues raised at the California Racing Medication & Security Summit held July 27 at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Calculator Wins in Santa Anita Return
- Ziconic Set for Debut at Santa Anita
- Frank Conversation Wins El Camino Real Derby
- Tara's Tango Gets Up in Santa Maria
- Airoforce, Mo Tom Top Risen Star
- Tepin Flawless in Endeavour
- Bolo Upsets Obviously in Arcadia Stakes
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Reload Fires in 2016 Debut, Wins Tampa Bay
- Destin Posts First Stakes Win in Sam F. Davis