Spendthrift Farm's two-time champion Beholder has been scratched from the Fasig-Tipton November sale in Lexington to continue her recovery from an illness that knocked her out of the Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
- By Ron Mitchell
- Horse Health, Kentucky, Off Track Thoroughbreds, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
Owners at the Thoroughbred Ownership Conference were given a tutorial in proper horse care, common health and physical problems, and what some organizations are doing to improve the quality of life for horses and people.
There will be no Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) this year for Moulin de Mougin, winner of the John C. Mabee Stakes (gr. IIT), who is scheduled for a 60-day break to get over bone bruising suffered in a spill.
The Tin Man, a 9-year-old multi-millionaire who has experienced continued stakes success on the racetrack, suffered a fractured knee while coming out of anesthesia following an Oct. 25 surgical procedure.
- By Tracy Gantz
What veterinary records a new horse owner is entitled to was one of the issues raised at the California Racing Medication & Security Summit held July 27 at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- NM Will Suspend Horses Who Fail Drug Tests