Spendthrift Farm's two-time champion Beholder has been scratched from the Fasig-Tipton November sale in Lexington to continue her recovery from an illness that knocked her out of the Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Owners at the Thoroughbred Ownership Conference were given a tutorial in proper horse care, common health and physical problems, and what some organizations are doing to improve the quality of life for horses and people.
There will be no Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) this year for Moulin de Mougin, winner of the John C. Mabee Stakes (gr. IIT), who is scheduled for a 60-day break to get over bone bruising suffered in a spill.
The Tin Man, a 9-year-old multi-millionaire who has experienced continued stakes success on the racetrack, suffered a fractured knee while coming out of anesthesia following an Oct. 25 surgical procedure.
What veterinary records a new horse owner is entitled to was one of the issues raised at the California Racing Medication & Security Summit held July 27 at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport