Spendthrift Farm's two-time champion Beholder has been scratched from the Fasig-Tipton November sale in Lexington to continue her recovery from an illness that knocked her out of the Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
- By Ron Mitchell
- Horse Health, Kentucky, Off Track Thoroughbreds, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
Owners at the Thoroughbred Ownership Conference were given a tutorial in proper horse care, common health and physical problems, and what some organizations are doing to improve the quality of life for horses and people.
There will be no Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) this year for Moulin de Mougin, winner of the John C. Mabee Stakes (gr. IIT), who is scheduled for a 60-day break to get over bone bruising suffered in a spill.
The Tin Man, a 9-year-old multi-millionaire who has experienced continued stakes success on the racetrack, suffered a fractured knee while coming out of anesthesia following an Oct. 25 surgical procedure.
- By Tracy Gantz
What veterinary records a new horse owner is entitled to was one of the issues raised at the California Racing Medication & Security Summit held July 27 at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday