Satwa Queen, the only older runner in the race, collared Promising Lead on the line to win the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien Les Bains (Fr-I) at 1 1/4 miles Oct. 27 at Longchamp in France.
When Satwa Queen springs from the gate in the Emirates Airline Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 4 at Churchill Downs trainer Jean de Roualle will be content knowing his prep work is done and the outcome of the race is in the hands of jockey Thierry Thulliez.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017