Last at the quarter-pole, Evita Argentina charged while extremely wide in the stretch to mow down the field and earn her first grade I win in the $300,000 La Brea Stakes at Santa Anita Dec. 26.
Evita Argentina charged from last to post a two-length victory in the $150,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park July 18 to become the first 3-year-old to win the race since Honeymoon in 1946.
Compared to Stardom Bound, the 3-year-old filly Evita Argentina found the nine males she faced in the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) easy pickings at stormy Santa Anita Feb. 16.
Evita Argentina, the only graded stakes winner in the $111,100 Moccasin for 2-year-old fillies, surged from last on the turn to defeat favored Mi Chiamano Mimi Nov. 16 at smoky Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Tack-Walking in Florida
- Keeneland's Quarter Horse License Slowed
- Private Zone to Florida for Rehabilitation
- KHRC Approves Turfway for Historical Racing
- Hanky Panky Tops Tattersalls at 2.7M Guineas
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- The Bid: Sustained Greatness
- Robert Beck to Step Down as KHRC Chairman
- Registration Deadline Approaches
- Dettori Named 'World's Best Jockey' for 2015