Your Tent Or Mine will be tested by seven other 2-year-old colts Saturday in Hollywood Park's $401,250 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I), a 1 1/16-mile event that has produced six Kentucky Derby (gr. I) champions.
Doug O'Neill stood in the Belmont trainer's stand Sunday morning trying to figure out when to work his 2-year-olds Stevie Wonderboy and Jealous Profit for their final tuneup for the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
Just before the running of the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Lone Star Park last year, owner Paul Reddam confided that his horse was a longshot bomb set to explode.
California-bred Brother Derek broke sharply for jockey Alex Solis and never looked back in winning the $200,000 Norfolk (gr. II) for 2-year-olds Sunday by three-quarters of a length over favored A.P. Warrior at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting.
Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) winner Stevie Wonderboy passed Sunday's Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, leaving a wide open field in the 1 1/16-mile event for 2-year-olds.
Merv Griffin's favored Stevie Wonderboy circled the field on the turn for home and overwhelmed a full field under a steady ride from Garrett Gomez in the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) on closing day at the seaside Wednesday.
Eleven juveniles, including five maidens, are scheduled to go to the post Wednesday in the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) to be run at 7 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Hoppertunity to Prepare for Dubai World Cup
- Unbeaten Mohaymen Easily Takes Remsen
- Tattersalls Foal Sale Ends With Record Gross
- Forever Unbridled Breaks Through in Comely
- California Chrome Breezes Steadily at Los Al
- Woodruff Dominates Summer Cup
- Lewis Bay Rallies to Clear Win in Demoiselle
- Effinex Lands Grade I in Clark Handicap
- Midnight Storm Returns to Form in Seabiscuit