Jockey J.D. Acosta reached a milestone of 2,500 career victories when he guided Haywired to victory in the second race at Laurel Park Sept. 28.
Smith Farm and Stable's New Jersey-bred Javerre won his first graded- stakes race Feb. 18, taking the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park.
The Maryland Jockey Club will honor the connections of Rapid Redux Feb. 18 at Laurel Park. Rapid Redux has won 22 consecutive races, including a perfect 19-for-19 season a year ago, and took home a pair of national awards.
Robert Cole Jr.'s Rapid Redux withstood challenges from two opponents through the first mile and then drew away to win his 18th race in a row Oct. 14 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
With his front-running 6 1/2-length victory at the Maryland State Fair in Timonium, Rapid Redux joined a couple of all-time greats with his 16th consecutive victory Sept. 4.
GEM Inc.'s J P's Gusto, who hadn't won a race since the grade I Del Mar Futurity last September, signaled his fondness for sprinting with a blowout victory in the $400,000 Red Legend Stakes at Charles Town June 18.
The connections of Maryland-based Sweet Goodbye, who won the $250,000 Sugar Maple Stakes at Charles Town April 16, have a goal in mind: hitting the $1 million mark in earnings with the 6-year-old mare.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races reported gains in total pari-mutuel handle for its 2010 meet, which spanned 227 full programs and four partial cards through Dec. 31.
Greenspring made it a perfect 3-for-3 at Laurel Park, as he came from just off the pace and collared Digger in mid-stretch to take the $150,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) in track record time Feb. 15
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach