Grade I winner J. B.'s Thunder will make his first start in nearly nine months when he competes in the seventh race at Saratoga Sept. 1, an allowance/optional claiming event at 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Uncle Mo, winner of the Champagne Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 9 at Belmont Park, is the 7-5 morning line favorite for the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
J.B.'s Thunder, a 2-year-old son of Thunder Gulch got in his final drill prior to the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) when he took to the track the morning of Nov. 1.
J. B.'s Thunder, winner of the Breeders' Futurity (gr. I), breezed a half-mile in :47-flat under regular exercise rider Jerry O'Dwyer Oct. 22 at Keeneland in preparation for the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
A heavyweight battle between the two top juveniles looms at Churchill Downs. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Hashtag Bourbon Tough in Breeders' Futurity
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Better Lucky Seeks to Repeat in First Lady
- TCA Draws Balanced Field of Distaff Sprinters
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford
- Lenny's Place - Episode 2
- New Meet, New Racing Surface