Grade I winner J. B.'s Thunder will make his first start in nearly nine months when he competes in the seventh race at Saratoga Sept. 1, an allowance/optional claiming event at 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Uncle Mo, winner of the Champagne Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 9 at Belmont Park, is the 7-5 morning line favorite for the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
J.B.'s Thunder, a 2-year-old son of Thunder Gulch got in his final drill prior to the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) when he took to the track the morning of Nov. 1.
J. B.'s Thunder, winner of the Breeders' Futurity (gr. I), breezed a half-mile in :47-flat under regular exercise rider Jerry O'Dwyer Oct. 22 at Keeneland in preparation for the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
A heavyweight battle between the two top juveniles looms at Churchill Downs. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah