Grade I winner J. B.'s Thunder will make his first start in nearly nine months when he competes in the seventh race at Saratoga Sept. 1, an allowance/optional claiming event at 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Uncle Mo, winner of the Champagne Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 9 at Belmont Park, is the 7-5 morning line favorite for the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
J.B.'s Thunder, a 2-year-old son of Thunder Gulch got in his final drill prior to the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) when he took to the track the morning of Nov. 1.
J. B.'s Thunder, winner of the Breeders' Futurity (gr. I), breezed a half-mile in :47-flat under regular exercise rider Jerry O'Dwyer Oct. 22 at Keeneland in preparation for the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
A heavyweight battle between the two top juveniles looms at Churchill Downs. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland