Grade I winner J. B.'s Thunder will make his first start in nearly nine months when he competes in the seventh race at Saratoga Sept. 1, an allowance/optional claiming event at 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Uncle Mo, winner of the Champagne Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 9 at Belmont Park, is the 7-5 morning line favorite for the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
J.B.'s Thunder, a 2-year-old son of Thunder Gulch got in his final drill prior to the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) when he took to the track the morning of Nov. 1.
J. B.'s Thunder, winner of the Breeders' Futurity (gr. I), breezed a half-mile in :47-flat under regular exercise rider Jerry O'Dwyer Oct. 22 at Keeneland in preparation for the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
A heavyweight battle between the two top juveniles looms at Churchill Downs. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Dortmund Stands Out in Los Alamitos Futurity
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races