J.B. Faulconer, the fist full-time publicity director at Keeneland who is credited with starting the Eclipse Awards, died Tuesday in Vero Beach, Fla., at age 81. In addition to naming and organizing the Eclipse Awards in 1971, Faulconer was executive vice president of Thoroughbred Racing Associations of North America from 1976-1988 and was an assistant to Oaklawn Park chairman Charles Cella.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September