King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat was named 2012 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Book Review, disappointing when seventh as the second choice in last month's Test Stakes (gr. I), is the mild 3-1 favorite in the $400,000 Charles Town Oaks Sept. 22 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Owner/trainer Edwin Merryman's Jazzy Idea kicked off the Laurel Park meet in style with a course-record victory in the $100,000 Jameela Stakes at six furlongs on the turf.
Contested, a grade I winner who was last in her most recent start, will attempt to regain winning form and earn her most lucrative victory to date when competing in the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25 at Saratoga.
Undefeated in six races before losing badly in her last start, Agave Kiss will attempt to start a new streak at a new track when she faces six rivals in the $300,000 Prioress Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Wednesday at Saratoga
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available