King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat was named 2012 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Book Review, disappointing when seventh as the second choice in last month's Test Stakes (gr. I), is the mild 3-1 favorite in the $400,000 Charles Town Oaks Sept. 22 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Owner/trainer Edwin Merryman's Jazzy Idea kicked off the Laurel Park meet in style with a course-record victory in the $100,000 Jameela Stakes at six furlongs on the turf.
Contested, a grade I winner who was last in her most recent start, will attempt to regain winning form and earn her most lucrative victory to date when competing in the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25 at Saratoga.
Undefeated in six races before losing badly in her last start, Agave Kiss will attempt to start a new streak at a new track when she faces six rivals in the $300,000 Prioress Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC