King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat was named 2012 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Book Review, disappointing when seventh as the second choice in last month's Test Stakes (gr. I), is the mild 3-1 favorite in the $400,000 Charles Town Oaks Sept. 22 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Owner/trainer Edwin Merryman's Jazzy Idea kicked off the Laurel Park meet in style with a course-record victory in the $100,000 Jameela Stakes at six furlongs on the turf.
Contested, a grade I winner who was last in her most recent start, will attempt to regain winning form and earn her most lucrative victory to date when competing in the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25 at Saratoga.
Undefeated in six races before losing badly in her last start, Agave Kiss will attempt to start a new streak at a new track when she faces six rivals in the $300,000 Prioress Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes