More owners than ever before have joined The Race For Education by pledging a portion of winnings from a record 10 starters in Breeders' Cup World Championships races Oct. 24-25.
Champion Indian Blessing drew post position 5 and was installed the 2-1 morning-line favorite in a full field for the Sentient Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint at Santa Anita Oct. 21. That puts the front-running filly three outside another speedster, 12-1 Indyanne, in the seven-furlong event.
A race still searching for its identity, the Sentient Flight Group Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint has the potential to be many things.
Mark Hennig is closing in on a milestone, and the trainer wouldn't mind reaching it in grand style Oct. 26 at Monmouth Park.
Barry Irwin, president of Team Valor Stables, said Sept. 27 that Jazzy, the winner of the Gallant Bloom (gr. II), will be supplemented for $150,000 to compete in the inaugural running of the $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint at Monmouth Park Oct. 26.
Discussions are under way on whether to supplement Gallant Bloom Stakes (gr. II) winner Jazzy to the $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Dirt Sprint.
Jazzy made her debut on dirt an impressive one Sept. 22 at Belmont Park, prevailing by three quarters of a length after a long drive in the $147,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- A Case for Full Siblings
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win