More owners than ever before have joined The Race For Education by pledging a portion of winnings from a record 10 starters in Breeders' Cup World Championships races Oct. 24-25.
Champion Indian Blessing drew post position 5 and was installed the 2-1 morning-line favorite in a full field for the Sentient Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint at Santa Anita Oct. 21. That puts the front-running filly three outside another speedster, 12-1 Indyanne, in the seven-furlong event.
A race still searching for its identity, the Sentient Flight Group Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint has the potential to be many things.
Mark Hennig is closing in on a milestone, and the trainer wouldn't mind reaching it in grand style Oct. 26 at Monmouth Park.
Barry Irwin, president of Team Valor Stables, said Sept. 27 that Jazzy, the winner of the Gallant Bloom (gr. II), will be supplemented for $150,000 to compete in the inaugural running of the $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint at Monmouth Park Oct. 26.
Discussions are under way on whether to supplement Gallant Bloom Stakes (gr. II) winner Jazzy to the $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Dirt Sprint.
Jazzy made her debut on dirt an impressive one Sept. 22 at Belmont Park, prevailing by three quarters of a length after a long drive in the $147,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator