You Luckie Mann and Silent Valor figure to attract most of the attention in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes, the six-furlong event which kicks off Gulfstream Park's 2009 series for 3-year-olds on opening day Jan. 3.
While the grade I, $300,000 Cigar Mile is the premier feature on the Nov. 29 card at Aqueduct, 2-year-olds will also be in the spotlight with the 87th renewal of the Demoiselle (gr. II) for fillies and the 95th running of the Remsen (gr. II) for juvenile colts and geldings.
Joseph Rauch and David Zell's Capt. Candyman Can sparkled in his Churchill Downs debut while winning the Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) by three lengths Nov. 1. Four weeks later the son of Candy Ride tries to run them off their feet again, this time facing nine juvenile rivals in the $150,000 Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 29 in Louisville.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Xpressbet to Sponsor 2015 Preakness Stakes
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks