The Breeders' Cup announced Oct. 20 that ESPN and ABC will televise more than nine hours of live television coverage of the Nov. 4-5 World Championships at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
HRTV will offer onsite coverage April 9 and 10 for the Apple Blossom (gr. I), featuring unbeaten champion Zenyatta, and the $1 million Arkansas Derby, a key Kentucky Derby prep race.
HRTV's Gary Stevens and Scott Hazelton will provide onsite coverage of the Risen Star at Fairgrounds; Caton Bredar and Jay Privman will cover the Fountain of Youth at Gulfstream Park.
By Bill Christine - When I mentioned to a colleague that I was taking on the Racing Hall of Fame again, he tried to dissuade me. "That's too easy," he said. "That's not shooting fish in a barrel; that's shooting a guppy in a teacup. Pick on somebody slightly harder, like President Bush, or Britney, or Frank Stronach."
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, which provides sports radio programming, broadcasting the play-by-play of more than 350 pro and college teams, announced Thursday that it will be the exclusive radio broadcaster for the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Championships, Oct. 29 at Belmont Park.
Nick Zito, who just a few weeks ago was enshrined in racing's Hall of Fame, has been named one of three award winners by the National Turf Writers Association.
SIRIUS Satellite Radio announced May 2 that it will present a weekly two-hour talk show devoted to Thoroughbred racing each Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day