The Breeders' Cup announced Oct. 20 that ESPN and ABC will televise more than nine hours of live television coverage of the Nov. 4-5 World Championships at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
HRTV will offer onsite coverage April 9 and 10 for the Apple Blossom (gr. I), featuring unbeaten champion Zenyatta, and the $1 million Arkansas Derby, a key Kentucky Derby prep race.
HRTV's Gary Stevens and Scott Hazelton will provide onsite coverage of the Risen Star at Fairgrounds; Caton Bredar and Jay Privman will cover the Fountain of Youth at Gulfstream Park.
By Bill Christine - When I mentioned to a colleague that I was taking on the Racing Hall of Fame again, he tried to dissuade me. "That's too easy," he said. "That's not shooting fish in a barrel; that's shooting a guppy in a teacup. Pick on somebody slightly harder, like President Bush, or Britney, or Frank Stronach."
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, which provides sports radio programming, broadcasting the play-by-play of more than 350 pro and college teams, announced Thursday that it will be the exclusive radio broadcaster for the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Championships, Oct. 29 at Belmont Park.
Nick Zito, who just a few weeks ago was enshrined in racing's Hall of Fame, has been named one of three award winners by the National Turf Writers Association.
SIRIUS Satellite Radio announced May 2 that it will present a weekly two-hour talk show devoted to Thoroughbred racing each Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- OBS June Supplemental Catalog Online
- Evangeline Reschedules Three Stakes to June 6