Keeneland has offered buyouts to some of its employees in the wake of a financial crunch brought about by a number of factors.
Citing the challenging economic climate, Keeneland director of racing Rogers Beasley said the Lexington racetrack has cut purses for the fall meet by more than $1 million.
In a prominent, front-page feature in the Lexington Herald-Leader, it documented details behind the fact that well-known equine photographer Tony Leonard, 87, and his wife, Adelle, have become wards of the state.
Keeneland president Nick Nicholson Oct. 7 announced that Jay Blanton has been named the company's director of communications and marketing.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House