Keeneland has offered buyouts to some of its employees in the wake of a financial crunch brought about by a number of factors.
Citing the challenging economic climate, Keeneland director of racing Rogers Beasley said the Lexington racetrack has cut purses for the fall meet by more than $1 million.
In a prominent, front-page feature in the Lexington Herald-Leader, it documented details behind the fact that well-known equine photographer Tony Leonard, 87, and his wife, Adelle, have become wards of the state.
Keeneland president Nick Nicholson Oct. 7 announced that Jay Blanton has been named the company's director of communications and marketing.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Lexie Lou Heads Ontario Lassie
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Jed Doro, Nancy Ury Added to Oaklawn Staff
- Brisnet.com Ultimate Guide to Aqueduct Inner
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29