The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. concluded their four-day fall mixed sale with the second of two open sessions Thursday afternoon with continued gains in average, but a slight dip in median. After a pair of consignor preferred sessions recorded solid increases in both average and median, the two open sessions posted a raise in average of 3.4% over a year ago.
Showing continued strength in the middle market seen at Keeneland September and the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale opened Monday with solid gains in both average and median. Monday's session, the first of two consignor preferred sessions, realized an average of $13,643 -- a 23.8% increase over last year's comparable figure of $11,019. The median, $9,500, posted a healthy 35.7% gain over last year's median of $7,000.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Nightflower Takes Second Europa
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again