The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. concluded their four-day fall mixed sale with the second of two open sessions Thursday afternoon with continued gains in average, but a slight dip in median. After a pair of consignor preferred sessions recorded solid increases in both average and median, the two open sessions posted a raise in average of 3.4% over a year ago.
Showing continued strength in the middle market seen at Keeneland September and the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale opened Monday with solid gains in both average and median. Monday's session, the first of two consignor preferred sessions, realized an average of $13,643 -- a 23.8% increase over last year's comparable figure of $11,019. The median, $9,500, posted a healthy 35.7% gain over last year's median of $7,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair