Apprentice jockey Jean Pierre Vallellanes guided Ricardo Romo's El Cowboy to victory April 27 in the second race at Calder Casino & Race Course for his first career win.
Rolbea Thoroughbred Racing's 5-year-old homebred Finallymadeit returned to form to win the $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) May 25 at Calder Race Course, scoring the event for the second year in a row.
Making his sixth start of the Gulfstream Park meet, all in stakes, Rolbea Thoroughbred Racing's 5-year-old Finallymadeit broke through to the winners' circle after a dominating wire-to-wire performance in the $100,000 Skip Away Stakes (gr. II) April 4. He scored by 8 1/4 lengths under regular rider Eduardo Nunez.
The durable and talented Finallymadeit will be making the 42nd start of his racing career and his sixth during the current Gulfstream Park meeting in Florida when he takes on six challengers in the $100,000 Skip Away Stakes (gr. III) April 4. He will break from the No. 2 post with Eduardo Nunez, his regular rider, aboard.
Front-running Finallymadeit shook off a challenge from Dream Maestro to post a 1 1/4-length win in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course Dec. 13.
The front end was the place to be as Amazing and Finallymadeit scored pacesetting victories in the richest races on the Florida Million program at Calder Race Course Nov. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win