Two days prior to the Kentucky Derby, Wood Memorial runner-up Normandy Invasion displayed some overly eager behavior in what was slated to be an easy morning gallop May 2 at Churchill Downs.
Wood Memorial (gr. I) runner-up Normandy Invasion has been getting 'sharper and smoother every day he's been here,' trainer Chad Brown said at Churchill April 27, after the Tapit colt breezed five furlongs in :59 flat.
"She's going to have to be dealt with on Friday," trainer Chad Brown remarked of Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf contender Zagora. "I have respect for the horses that have come over here, but mine is pretty good."
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Champion Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- To Royal Ascot and the Stayers: Thanks For the Memories