Front-running Little Mike looks for his third graded stakes win of the current Gulfstream Park season when he faces eight rivals in the $100,000 Emirates Airlines Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 3.
Colizeo, who has the looks of a star in the making, captured the $60,000 Challenger Stakes in style, as he set a stakes record for the 20-year-old race by traveling 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.94 under Willie Martinez.
Quality Road and Blame, sitting atop the national handicap division for much of the year, square off in what shapes up as a superb lineup for Saratoga's $750,000 Whitney Invitational Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Jezki Wins Cheltenham's Champion Hurdle
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Dixiana to Sponsor Two Keeneland Stakes