Gatewood Bell, son of Darley USA President Jimmy Bell, has joined the staff of Nicoma Bloodstock, it was announced Dec. 12.
Jockey Fernando Jara and agent Randy Romero will officially part ways on Dec. 17 after Jara paid Romero $15,000 to be released from his contract, Romero said Saturday afternoon from his home in Louisville, Ky.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin was asked Thursday if he knew the words to the Urugauain national anthem and he smiled but said, "No."
Fernando Jara took off the remainder of his mounts Sept. 28 after he was thrown at the start of the fourth race at Belmont Park. The 18-year-old jockey was aboard 2-year-old Kulia, a first time starter for trainer John Terranova, when the filly ducked out slightly and unseated her rider after a slow start.
Jockey Fernando Jara Wednesday was involved in the fourth multi-horse spill since racing at Aqueduct moved to the inner dirt track.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator