Regally bred Duramente unfurled a dramatic closing kick from the back and won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese Two Thousand Guineas) April 19 at Nakayama from Real Steel, who defeated him last time out.
Isla Bonita launched a powerful late rally and won the $2 million Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese Two Thousand Guineas) April 20 Nakayama Racecourse.
Teruya Yoshida's homebred Logotype, Japan's champion 2-year-old male last season, stormed to a course-record win in the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I) or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas at Nakayama Racecourse April 14.
Gold Ship won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas April 15 at Nakayama Racecourse, a year after the Great East Japan Earthquake forced the race to be moved to Tokyo.
Captain Thule went to the lead and never looked back, comfortably winning the US$1,606,000 Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas, in an upset before 67,401 at Nakayama Racecourse April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom