Regally bred Duramente unfurled a dramatic closing kick from the back and won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese Two Thousand Guineas) April 19 at Nakayama from Real Steel, who defeated him last time out.
Isla Bonita launched a powerful late rally and won the $2 million Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese Two Thousand Guineas) April 20 Nakayama Racecourse.
Teruya Yoshida's homebred Logotype, Japan's champion 2-year-old male last season, stormed to a course-record win in the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I) or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas at Nakayama Racecourse April 14.
Gold Ship won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas April 15 at Nakayama Racecourse, a year after the Great East Japan Earthquake forced the race to be moved to Tokyo.
Captain Thule went to the lead and never looked back, comfortably winning the US$1,606,000 Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas, in an upset before 67,401 at Nakayama Racecourse April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite