Isla Bonita launched a powerful late rally and won the $2 million Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese Two Thousand Guineas) April 20 Nakayama Racecourse.
Teruya Yoshida's homebred Logotype, Japan's champion 2-year-old male last season, stormed to a course-record win in the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I) or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas at Nakayama Racecourse April 14.
Gold Ship won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas April 15 at Nakayama Racecourse, a year after the Great East Japan Earthquake forced the race to be moved to Tokyo.
Captain Thule went to the lead and never looked back, comfortably winning the US$1,606,000 Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas, in an upset before 67,401 at Nakayama Racecourse April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis
- Measuring Horses' Skin Temperature Changes Underwater
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes