Isla Bonita launched a powerful late rally and won the $2 million Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese Two Thousand Guineas) April 20 Nakayama Racecourse.
Teruya Yoshida's homebred Logotype, Japan's champion 2-year-old male last season, stormed to a course-record win in the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I) or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas at Nakayama Racecourse April 14.
Gold Ship won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas April 15 at Nakayama Racecourse, a year after the Great East Japan Earthquake forced the race to be moved to Tokyo.
Captain Thule went to the lead and never looked back, comfortably winning the US$1,606,000 Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas, in an upset before 67,401 at Nakayama Racecourse April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby