Regally bred Duramente unfurled a dramatic closing kick from the back and won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese Two Thousand Guineas) April 19 at Nakayama from Real Steel, who defeated him last time out.
Isla Bonita launched a powerful late rally and won the $2 million Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese Two Thousand Guineas) April 20 Nakayama Racecourse.
Teruya Yoshida's homebred Logotype, Japan's champion 2-year-old male last season, stormed to a course-record win in the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I) or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas at Nakayama Racecourse April 14.
Gold Ship won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas April 15 at Nakayama Racecourse, a year after the Great East Japan Earthquake forced the race to be moved to Tokyo.
Captain Thule went to the lead and never looked back, comfortably winning the US$1,606,000 Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas, in an upset before 67,401 at Nakayama Racecourse April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Cuomo Plan Asks New York Racing to Pay for Drug Testing
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale