Toho Jackal smashed the Kyoto course record by nearly two seconds in winning the 75th Kikuka Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese St. Leger), the final jewel in Japan's Triple Crown Oct. 26.
Runner-up in the first two jewels of Japan's Triple Crown earlier this year, regally bred Epiphaneia broke through for a classic win in smashing style in the Kikuka Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese St. Leger) Oct. 20 at Kyoto.
Orfevre became the seventh Japanese Triple Crown winner Oct. 23 when he registered a 2 1/2-length victory as a strong favorite in the $2.7 million Kikuka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese St. Leger, at Kyoto Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- NYTHA Executive Director Gallagher Retires
- Royal Posse Aces Evan Shipman Stakes Debut
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Handle Flat, Race Days Down in August
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Horseplayers Support USADA Oversight
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- Five Sires Have Two Challenge Race Winners