A colt from the final crop of North American Horse of the Year and Japan's perennial leading sire Sunday Silence brought the top price of 330 million yen ($2,791,878) Monday during the first session of the Japan Racing Horse Association's foal sale.
More horses were sold at the Japan Racing Horse Association's select foal sale than ever before. But the gross revenue suffered a setback, and the average price fell to its lowest level in the auction's four-year history.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic