Mike Pegram, who said multiple grade I winner Captain Steve "took us to a lot of places, from Altoona, Iowa, to Dubai," said he agreed to sell the 4-year-old son of Fly So Free to the Japan Racing Association for $5 million only after efforts to drum up interest among American breeders failed.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution