Mike Pegram, who said multiple grade I winner Captain Steve "took us to a lot of places, from Altoona, Iowa, to Dubai," said he agreed to sell the 4-year-old son of Fly So Free to the Japan Racing Association for $5 million only after efforts to drum up interest among American breeders failed.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch