Mike Pegram, who said multiple grade I winner Captain Steve "took us to a lot of places, from Altoona, Iowa, to Dubai," said he agreed to sell the 4-year-old son of Fly So Free to the Japan Racing Association for $5 million only after efforts to drum up interest among American breeders failed.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact