The Japan Race Horse Association reported gains for its select sale, which was held July 9-10 at the Northern Horse Park in Hokkaido.
A Pivotal colt from the family of Japanese Horse of Year Deep Impact brought 205 million yen ($1,798,245) during the Japan Racing Horse Association yearling sale at the Northern Horse Park Monday.
Monday marks the first time since 1998 that the Japan Race Horse Association (JRHA) has conducted a yearling auction, and breeders in the Land of the Rising Sun are anxious to see whether the organization's second attempt will go over better than its first at the Northern Horse Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow