The Japan Race Horse Association reported gains for its select sale, which was held July 9-10 at the Northern Horse Park in Hokkaido.
A Pivotal colt from the family of Japanese Horse of Year Deep Impact brought 205 million yen ($1,798,245) during the Japan Racing Horse Association yearling sale at the Northern Horse Park Monday.
Monday marks the first time since 1998 that the Japan Race Horse Association (JRHA) has conducted a yearling auction, and breeders in the Land of the Rising Sun are anxious to see whether the organization's second attempt will go over better than its first at the Northern Horse Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume