The Japan Race Horse Association reported gains for its select sale, which was held July 9-10 at the Northern Horse Park in Hokkaido.
A Pivotal colt from the family of Japanese Horse of Year Deep Impact brought 205 million yen ($1,798,245) during the Japan Racing Horse Association yearling sale at the Northern Horse Park Monday.
Monday marks the first time since 1998 that the Japan Race Horse Association (JRHA) has conducted a yearling auction, and breeders in the Land of the Rising Sun are anxious to see whether the organization's second attempt will go over better than its first at the Northern Horse Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Roberta 'Bobbie' Croll Dies at Age 94
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent
- Laurel's Average Handle Rises for Winter Meet