The Japan Race Horse Association reported gains for its select sale, which was held July 9-10 at the Northern Horse Park in Hokkaido.
A Pivotal colt from the family of Japanese Horse of Year Deep Impact brought 205 million yen ($1,798,245) during the Japan Racing Horse Association yearling sale at the Northern Horse Park Monday.
Monday marks the first time since 1998 that the Japan Race Horse Association (JRHA) has conducted a yearling auction, and breeders in the Land of the Rising Sun are anxious to see whether the organization's second attempt will go over better than its first at the Northern Horse Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Slideshow: Will Take Charge
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs