Trainer Chris Block, the leading conditioner in Prairie State Festival history, tallied two more stakes victories in the ninth Illinois-registered series at Arlington Park June 21.
Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Hawthorne's leading rider Chris Emigh has been named to pilot the morning-line favorite in all six $100,000 Illinois stakes for Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing card Saturday.
Carson Springs Farm's Nkosi Reigns took the lead entering the first turn and never looked back en route to a one-length score in the Spend A Buck Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Arlington Park turf specialist Chic Dancer produced her first graded stakes victory in Saturday's $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT), holding off the late-charging favorite Louve Royale and Minge Cove by a half-length Saturday.
Jockey Larry Sterling Jr. scored a double in the seventh annual Prairie State Festival, Arlington Park's six-race showcase for Illinois-bred Thoroughbreds. Both of the the veteran local rider's victories came on horses he was not originally slated to ride.
Ken Meeker and Carson Springs Farm's Fifteen Rounds emerged victorious after engaging Elusive Jazz in a stretch-long duel to win the $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint by a neck in stakes-record time of 1:08.51 under jockey Chris Emigh.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Plumptre Leaving Godolphin Australia Position
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Spendthrift Australia Schedules Stallion Parades
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell