Exchange Rate colt stops the clock in :21 March 14 in Central Florida in second of two under tack shows.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) winter mixed sale suffered downturns of 63% in its average price and 74.4% in its median price from a year ago as it opened with a consignor preferred session Jan. 6 in Central Florida. The gross revenue dropped 43% even though the number of horses sold was up 54.1% from 2008's first day total.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) will test the yearling market with quantity at a time when some buyers might be cutting back on their purchases because of America's struggling economy. There are 1,342 horses cataloged for the auction, which begins with a select session of 230 yearlings Aug. 18. Three open sessions will follow.
Amazer, a stakes-placed mare in foal to Exchange Rate, led the way Wednesday during the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. fall mixed sale, selling for $40,000 to Marion G. Montanari.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. got off to a solid start, setting a record for median during its select session.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says