Grade I winner Egg Drop, in foal to leading sire Tapit, brought a final bid of $1.9 million from Bridlewood Farm during the Nov. 4 first session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Exchange Rate colt stops the clock in :21 March 14 in Central Florida in second of two under tack shows.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) winter mixed sale suffered downturns of 63% in its average price and 74.4% in its median price from a year ago as it opened with a consignor preferred session Jan. 6 in Central Florida. The gross revenue dropped 43% even though the number of horses sold was up 54.1% from 2008's first day total.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) will test the yearling market with quantity at a time when some buyers might be cutting back on their purchases because of America's struggling economy. There are 1,342 horses cataloged for the auction, which begins with a select session of 230 yearlings Aug. 18. Three open sessions will follow.
Amazer, a stakes-placed mare in foal to Exchange Rate, led the way Wednesday during the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. fall mixed sale, selling for $40,000 to Marion G. Montanari.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. got off to a solid start, setting a record for median during its select session.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin, Classic Empire Work at Churchill Downs
- Stellar Wind Remains on Schedule for Distaff
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Three Rules Puts in Final Juvenile Work
- Chrome BC Sweepstakes Winner Named
- The Women Behind the Camera Have BC Ties
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Smile for Daddy
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Den's Legacy to Stand at Mighty Acres