Elusive Kate, the group I-winning daughter of Elusive Quality and morning-line favorite for the Nov. 4 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf was sold Oct. 31 to Terry Yoshida.
Robert and Janice McNair's Cowboy Cal, runner-up here last fall in the Hollywood Derby (gr. I), will try to bounce back from a 10th-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in Hollywood Park's $300,000 Citation Handicap on Nov. 27.
Shekih Mohammed's Darley operation has purchased a 106-acre farm adjacent to Saratoga Racecourse from Robert and Janice McNairs' Stonerside Stable for $17.4 million.
Three yearlings bred by Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Stable sold for $3 million or more apiece last year at public auction. This year, the yearling market won't be pumped up by the McNairs' best young stock.
Krisada, who won the Dec. 29 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) in her final outing, has been retired and will be bred this spring, according to her trainer, Shug McGaughey.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve