A Fayette (Lexington) Circuit Court jury failed Oct. 28 to reach a verdict in a lawsuit filed over the disputed purchase of the broodmare Love Me Only for $2.1 million in 2011.
Weewinnin registered a 60-1 shocker in the inaugural running of the $200,000 King Glorious Stakes on closing day of the 2012 autumn meet at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 16.
California invader Black Seventeen overcame a stumble at the start but managed to wire the field in the $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds on "Summit of Speed" day at Calder Race Course.
With favored Ravel out of the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) with an injury, new candidates Black Seventeen and Level Red have surfaced for the 70th running of the the West Coast's major 3-year-old steppingstone on April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race