Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Kitten's Joy drew away from favored Artie Schiller in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $500,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs on Saturday.
Graded stakes winners Kitten's Joy, Artie Schiller, and Prince Arch headline a field of 10 3-year-olds for the seventh running of the $500,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs on Saturday.
Robert B. LaPenta's The Cliff's Edge, winner of the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) before finishing fifth in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), is scheduled to return to competition Saturday in the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park. The $150,000 race will be run at 1 1/16 miles.
Water Cannon may have been the best 3-year-old among the six in the $75,000 Deputed Testimony, but fortune smiled on front-running Jane's Luck when the favorite's saddle slipped forward under Ryan Fogelsonger as the field ran down the backstretch.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Understanding the Biomechanics of Lameness
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years