Richard's Kid, upset winner of the Pacific Classic (gr. I), turned in another sharp work at Santa Anita Nov. 2, getting four furlongs in :47.20 in his final tune-up for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Not only will American champion Indian Blessing have to defeat males for the first time in her career if she is to win the Dubai Golden Shaheen, she will have to overcome the far outside post in the field of 12 in her initial try at a straightaway 1,200 meters (about 6 furlongs).
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call