Multiple grade I winner and sire Ogygian, the oldest resident at Old Friends retirement farm near Georgetown, Ky., died March 14 because of complications from colic. The son of Damascus was 32.
- By Steve Haskin
John Nerud celebrated his 100th birthday with friends and admirers Feb. 10, listening as they feted the legendary horseman with their favorite stories of him.
Cozzene, a champion and Breeders' Cup winner and sire of two Breeders' Cup winners, was euthanized Oct. 7 at the Beck family's Gainesway Farm near Lexington.
Fresh on the heels of welcoming pensioned stallion Taylor's Special to its retirement center, Old Friends has purchased Japanese stallion Ogygian.
Roy, who was one of the best sires in South American history, and who secured a place in the history books by reaching the 100 mark by number of stakes winners, died Jan. 7 of a respiratory ailment at Haras La Esperanza in Argentina.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Equibase Adds Voided Claim Information
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4