Under a hold at the wire by jockey Calvin Borel, Belle of Perintown completed a decisive 8 1/4-length victory over Afternoon Dreams in Saturday's $150,000 Silverbulletday Stakes at Fair Grounds.
Belle of Perintown, with Mark Guidry aboard, was trapped behind horses at the top of the stretch before rallying to a three-quarter length victory over Star of Atticus in Saturday's $111,100 Pocahontas Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Belle of Perintown will get a chance to show just how much she has improved on Saturday when she is scheduled to compete in the $100,000-added Pocahontas Stakes at Churchill Downs.
A land-preservation program in Central Kentucky is experiencing some growing pains. In April, the first group of landowners signed agreements to take $4.5 million in exchange for placing 1,572 acres into conservation easements as part of the purchase of development rights (PDR) program.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- BC Tickets Still Available After Day One Sale