Under a hold at the wire by jockey Calvin Borel, Belle of Perintown completed a decisive 8 1/4-length victory over Afternoon Dreams in Saturday's $150,000 Silverbulletday Stakes at Fair Grounds.
Belle of Perintown, with Mark Guidry aboard, was trapped behind horses at the top of the stretch before rallying to a three-quarter length victory over Star of Atticus in Saturday's $111,100 Pocahontas Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Belle of Perintown will get a chance to show just how much she has improved on Saturday when she is scheduled to compete in the $100,000-added Pocahontas Stakes at Churchill Downs.
A land-preservation program in Central Kentucky is experiencing some growing pains. In April, the first group of landowners signed agreements to take $4.5 million in exchange for placing 1,572 acres into conservation easements as part of the purchase of development rights (PDR) program.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Gross, Average Decline at Keeneland Sale
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- After the Wire: Pennsylvania Derby
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby