Bettors who play name angles will have a hard time getting past group II winner Toast of New York when he makes his U.S. debut July 5 in the $1.25 million Belmont Derby Invitational Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park.
Coverage of Toast of New York's win in the UAE Derby from the walking ring, to the race, to comments from his connections, including jockey Jamie Spencer and trainer Jamie Osbourne. Watch Video
Toast of New York is the toast of Dubai and his connections will consider the possibility of trying to become the toast of Kentucky after posting the easiest of victories in the $2 million UAE Derby (UAE-II).
Trainer Jamie Osborne talks about his charge, Toast of New York, a Kentucky-bred son of Thewayyouare, who runs in the UAE Derby. Watch Video
Trainer Jamie Osborne has been hired by Goffs to serve as the United Kingdom agent for the Ireland-based auction firm and to promote this year's Orby yearling sale.
Overlooked by nearly everyone, Paul J. Dixon's English homebred Milk It Mick sprang a 33-1 surprise Saturday in the Darley Dewhurst stakes (Eng-I) for 2-year-olds at Newmarket.
Former trainer Mark MacDonald, now a part-time bloodstock agent and owner, is back at Hollywood Park with Nose The Trade, an English import scheduled to make his United States debut Saturday in the $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles.
The probity of British racing has come under the spotlight following a series of allegations of corruption within the sport. On June 11, a national television investigative program, Kenyon Confronts, raised claims that the majority of horse races in Britain were "bent" because trainers were running their horses at the wrong distance, on the wrong surface, or when they were palpably unfit in order to trick handicappers into giving them a lower rating.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- What's Going On Here: Gary Player's Top 10
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund