Just 24 hours after a High Chaparral colt set a European record for a breeze-up sale, the high water mark was moved again when a 2-year-old War Front colt from Willie Browne's Mocklershill was sold for 1,150,000 guineas.
A Kentucky-bred Elusive Quality colt sold for 760,000 guineas (US$1,215,999), a European record for a breeze-up horse, at the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven sale April 18 in Newmarket.
The Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner has been sold to Shigeyuki Okada's Big Red Farm.
Two-time French listed winner Shujoon, by Sakhee, topped the Oct. 29 opener of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in Newmarket.
After a shaky start Tuesday night, Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale rallied to produce a 5,138,000gns turnover, 9% short of last year's figure, a 74,464gns average, down 1% and 52,000gns median, down 5%.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Zayas Recovering From Surgery After Spill
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Monmouth Tried to Launch Three-Race Series
- New York OTBs, CDI at Odds Over Host Fees
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California