Just 24 hours after a High Chaparral colt set a European record for a breeze-up sale, the high water mark was moved again when a 2-year-old War Front colt from Willie Browne's Mocklershill was sold for 1,150,000 guineas.
A Kentucky-bred Elusive Quality colt sold for 760,000 guineas (US$1,215,999), a European record for a breeze-up horse, at the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven sale April 18 in Newmarket.
The Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner has been sold to Shigeyuki Okada's Big Red Farm.
Two-time French listed winner Shujoon, by Sakhee, topped the Oct. 29 opener of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in Newmarket.
After a shaky start Tuesday night, Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale rallied to produce a 5,138,000gns turnover, 9% short of last year's figure, a 74,464gns average, down 1% and 52,000gns median, down 5%.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Filimbi, Dayatthespa Get Ballston Spa Rematch
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties