After a swift five-furlong breeze by Cathryn Sophia the morning of April 23 at Keeneland, trainer John Servis said he is leaning toward running the two-time grade II winner in the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) May 6 at Churchill Downs.
Gross and average rise, but median slides 8%.
Speed, stamina, class, and gameness were the hallmarks in an unbeaten season for J. Paul Reddam's Nyquist, a three-time grade I winner who was the overwhelming choice for the 2015 Eclipse Award for champion 2-year-old male.
Just 24 hours after a High Chaparral colt set a European record for a breeze-up sale, the high water mark was moved again when a 2-year-old War Front colt from Willie Browne's Mocklershill was sold for 1,150,000 guineas.
A Kentucky-bred Elusive Quality colt sold for 760,000 guineas (US$1,215,999), a European record for a breeze-up horse, at the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven sale April 18 in Newmarket.
The Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner has been sold to Shigeyuki Okada's Big Red Farm.
Two-time French listed winner Shujoon, by Sakhee, topped the Oct. 29 opener of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in Newmarket.
After a shaky start Tuesday night, Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale rallied to produce a 5,138,000gns turnover, 9% short of last year's figure, a 74,464gns average, down 1% and 52,000gns median, down 5%.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm