After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field