After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16