After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win