After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed