After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel