After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton