After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Efforts Continue to Identify At-Risk Horses
- Hall of Fame Jockey Turcotte Out of Hospital
- 'Quisqueyano' Aims for Graded Win in TX Mile
- Median Rises at OBS Spring Sale Opener
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington