After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen