After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break