After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run