After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says