After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse