After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1