After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at the Canadian track following 13-year-old Wake At Noon's catastrophic breakdown.
Jamie Martin has been promoted to senior vice president of racing for the Woodbine Entertainment Group, the company announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm