At its April 23 meeting the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors approved an agreement with The Jockey Club to engage the full-time services of Jamie Haydon as RMTC interim executive director.
A handle and tax information system was unanimously endorsed by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund and will be recommended to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority at its March meeting, it was decided Feb. 28. Funds for the software will most likely come out of the $1.2 million Kentucky Gov. Ernie Fletcher has recommended the state legislature approve in additional funding for the authority.
The registration deadline for the new Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund is Aug. 1. Breeders may register online by going to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority Web site and clicking on Breeders' Incentive Fund. The registration fee is $60.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win