At its April 23 meeting the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors approved an agreement with The Jockey Club to engage the full-time services of Jamie Haydon as RMTC interim executive director.
A handle and tax information system was unanimously endorsed by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund and will be recommended to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority at its March meeting, it was decided Feb. 28. Funds for the software will most likely come out of the $1.2 million Kentucky Gov. Ernie Fletcher has recommended the state legislature approve in additional funding for the authority.
The registration deadline for the new Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund is Aug. 1. Breeders may register online by going to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority Web site and clicking on Breeders' Incentive Fund. The registration fee is $60.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Daring Kathy Takes My Charmer Wire to Wire
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24