At its April 23 meeting the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors approved an agreement with The Jockey Club to engage the full-time services of Jamie Haydon as RMTC interim executive director.
A handle and tax information system was unanimously endorsed by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund and will be recommended to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority at its March meeting, it was decided Feb. 28. Funds for the software will most likely come out of the $1.2 million Kentucky Gov. Ernie Fletcher has recommended the state legislature approve in additional funding for the authority.
The registration deadline for the new Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund is Aug. 1. Breeders may register online by going to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority Web site and clicking on Breeders' Incentive Fund. The registration fee is $60.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week