The Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund had more than 8,000 mares registered by the Aug. 15 deadline, about the same number as last year.
Changes to regulations governing the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund, including a greatly reduced late fee, took effect Nov. 4, state officials said.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved comprehensive changes to the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund.
A committee that advises the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on its breeders' incentive program met again Jan. 25 and approved three additional recommendations for ways in which the program should be changed.
A panel of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission looking into possible changes in the state's breeders' incentive fund met again Nov. 22 and discussed various options but came to no solid conclusions.
Jamie Eads, a Lexington native with extensive experience in the Thoroughbred industry, has been appointed director of breeders' incentives for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
The sixth annual NTRA Charities/Kentucky Derby Museum Golf Classic will take place at the Valhalla Golf Club May 1 in Louisville.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has hired Joe Clabes as director of industry relations and Jamie Eads as industry programs coordinator.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner