The advisory committee for the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund said Oct. 10 it plans to examine the structure of the program as it relates to the percentage of fund participants that contribute revenue.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund had more than 8,000 mares registered by the Aug. 15 deadline, about the same number as last year.
Changes to regulations governing the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund, including a greatly reduced late fee, took effect Nov. 4, state officials said.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved comprehensive changes to the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund.
A committee that advises the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on its breeders' incentive program met again Jan. 25 and approved three additional recommendations for ways in which the program should be changed.
A panel of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission looking into possible changes in the state's breeders' incentive fund met again Nov. 22 and discussed various options but came to no solid conclusions.
Jamie Eads, a Lexington native with extensive experience in the Thoroughbred industry, has been appointed director of breeders' incentives for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
The sixth annual NTRA Charities/Kentucky Derby Museum Golf Classic will take place at the Valhalla Golf Club May 1 in Louisville.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has hired Joe Clabes as director of industry relations and Jamie Eads as industry programs coordinator.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Hushion Seeks 'Wand for Princess Violet