Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky