Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- HRRN Set for Dubai, Gulfstream Coverage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale