Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan