Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Breeding Fund Changes Approved by PA House
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom