Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase