Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes