Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- WV Stakeholders Seek Racing Revenue Boost
- HRRN On-Site for Haskell, Saratoga Stakes
- Delaware Jockey Facing Charges After Shooting
- For Now, Nine Expected to Race in WV Derby
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins