Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher