Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes