Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal