Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options