Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff