Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector