Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Hanami provided a nice introduction at The Curragh for jockey Christophe Soumillon with a neck victory Saturday in the 1 1/4-mile Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-II). Soumillon rides odds-on favorite Dalakhani for the Agha Khan in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage