A hearing has been scheduled for April 23 into trainer Rick Dutrow's appeal of a 15-day suspension from Kentucky stewards after his horse, Salute the Count, allegedly tested positive for an excessive amount of clenbuterol following a stakes race at Churchill Downs on May 2, 2008.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission postponed taking action Oct. 27 on trainer Rick Dutrow Jr.'s suspension and sent his case back to a hearing officer to gather more information.
A hearing officer has recommended the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission overturn a 15-day suspension given trainer Rick Dutrow for a positive clenbuterol test, but the commission has indicated it will challenge the finding.
- By Tom LaMarra
Trainer Patrick Biancone, suspended for one year for possessing on the grounds of Keeneland three sealed vials of alpha-cobratoxin (cobra venom), a Class A substance under the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority Uniform Drug and Medication Classification Schedule, was granted a stay Oct. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Plumptre Leaving Godolphin Australia Position
- Portrade Back at Saratoga for A.P. Smithwick
- Spendthrift Australia Schedules Stallion Parades
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente