April Pride overcame her outside post and some heavy traffic in the homestretch to post an impressive upset win in Oak Tree's $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap (gr. IIIT), her American graded stakes debut for trainer James Cassidy Saturday on the Santa Anita grass.
Showing an ability to rate, Passified angled off the fence mid-stretch and ran down pacesetting Fleet Caroline close to home to win the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on the Del Mar turf course Saturday.
Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil