Jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr., arrested in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. last year for cocaine possession, faces a new charge of bail jumping after being extradited from Florida to appear in Saratoga County Court on June 25.
Passage of the Illegal Internet Gambling Enforcement Act may contain protection for pari-mutuel horse racing, but it also could create some obstacles in the future, officials said Oct. 16 during the opening session of the International Simulcast Conference in Philadelphia.
Despite talk to the contrary, Atlantic City Race Course, which will conclude its 10-day, all-turf meet Tuesday afternoon, doesn't plan a longer meet for 2002, track president and general manager James Murphy said. In addition, talk of an imminent sale is just a rumor.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- OBS June Supplemental Catalog Online
- Evangeline Reschedules Three Stakes to June 6