Jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr., arrested in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. last year for cocaine possession, faces a new charge of bail jumping after being extradited from Florida to appear in Saratoga County Court on June 25.
- By Tom LaMarra
Passage of the Illegal Internet Gambling Enforcement Act may contain protection for pari-mutuel horse racing, but it also could create some obstacles in the future, officials said Oct. 16 during the opening session of the International Simulcast Conference in Philadelphia.
Despite talk to the contrary, Atlantic City Race Course, which will conclude its 10-day, all-turf meet Tuesday afternoon, doesn't plan a longer meet for 2002, track president and general manager James Murphy said. In addition, talk of an imminent sale is just a rumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2