Jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr., arrested in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. last year for cocaine possession, faces a new charge of bail jumping after being extradited from Florida to appear in Saratoga County Court on June 25.
Passage of the Illegal Internet Gambling Enforcement Act may contain protection for pari-mutuel horse racing, but it also could create some obstacles in the future, officials said Oct. 16 during the opening session of the International Simulcast Conference in Philadelphia.
Despite talk to the contrary, Atlantic City Race Course, which will conclude its 10-day, all-turf meet Tuesday afternoon, doesn't plan a longer meet for 2002, track president and general manager James Murphy said. In addition, talk of an imminent sale is just a rumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day