Jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr., arrested in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. last year for cocaine possession, faces a new charge of bail jumping after being extradited from Florida to appear in Saratoga County Court on June 25.
Passage of the Illegal Internet Gambling Enforcement Act may contain protection for pari-mutuel horse racing, but it also could create some obstacles in the future, officials said Oct. 16 during the opening session of the International Simulcast Conference in Philadelphia.
Despite talk to the contrary, Atlantic City Race Course, which will conclude its 10-day, all-turf meet Tuesday afternoon, doesn't plan a longer meet for 2002, track president and general manager James Murphy said. In addition, talk of an imminent sale is just a rumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Flashy American, Willow Hills in Groupie Doll