Jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr., arrested in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. last year for cocaine possession, faces a new charge of bail jumping after being extradited from Florida to appear in Saratoga County Court on June 25.
Passage of the Illegal Internet Gambling Enforcement Act may contain protection for pari-mutuel horse racing, but it also could create some obstacles in the future, officials said Oct. 16 during the opening session of the International Simulcast Conference in Philadelphia.
Despite talk to the contrary, Atlantic City Race Course, which will conclude its 10-day, all-turf meet Tuesday afternoon, doesn't plan a longer meet for 2002, track president and general manager James Murphy said. In addition, talk of an imminent sale is just a rumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch