Jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr., arrested in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. last year for cocaine possession, faces a new charge of bail jumping after being extradited from Florida to appear in Saratoga County Court on June 25.
Passage of the Illegal Internet Gambling Enforcement Act may contain protection for pari-mutuel horse racing, but it also could create some obstacles in the future, officials said Oct. 16 during the opening session of the International Simulcast Conference in Philadelphia.
Despite talk to the contrary, Atlantic City Race Course, which will conclude its 10-day, all-turf meet Tuesday afternoon, doesn't plan a longer meet for 2002, track president and general manager James Murphy said. In addition, talk of an imminent sale is just a rumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- Demonstrative in Aiken Thoroughbred HOF
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23