Jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr., arrested in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. last year for cocaine possession, faces a new charge of bail jumping after being extradited from Florida to appear in Saratoga County Court on June 25.
Passage of the Illegal Internet Gambling Enforcement Act may contain protection for pari-mutuel horse racing, but it also could create some obstacles in the future, officials said Oct. 16 during the opening session of the International Simulcast Conference in Philadelphia.
Despite talk to the contrary, Atlantic City Race Course, which will conclude its 10-day, all-turf meet Tuesday afternoon, doesn't plan a longer meet for 2002, track president and general manager James Murphy said. In addition, talk of an imminent sale is just a rumor.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale
- Two Share Record Price at Arqana Summer Sale
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break