Defending Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IT) winner Daisy Devine is back to protect her title April 13 at Keeneland, but the 5-year-old daughter of Kafwain faces a steep question as she goes up against six stakes winners.
James Miller's Daisy Devine, already twice an easy winner this winter in New Orleans, has been installed as the looming 2-5 morning line choice in the $75,000 Bayou Handicap at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Feb. 23.
James Miller's Daisy Devine will make her 2013 debut in the $75,000 Marie G. Krantz Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Jan. 26, and she's ready to roll despite a one-week postponement of the race.
Grade I winner Daisy Devine made quick work of four rivals in the $72,000 Blushing K. D. Handicap, going gate to wire for a six-length victory on the turf at Fair Ground Race Course & Slots Dec. 22.
Daisy Devine would not be denied a return to the winner's circle Nov. 10, taking the $111,500 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs after a ding-dong battle with Julie's Love.
James Miller's Daisy Devine, allowed to get away with an easy lead under James Graham, went wire-to-wire in the $300,000 Jenny Wiley (gr. IT) April 14 at Keeneland.
- By Esther Marr
From a $5,500 Keeneland September yearling sale purchase to grade II winner, Daisy Devine has proven to be a brilliant investment for owner James Miller's two-horse stable. Read Blog
Daisy Devine disposed of pacesetter Grandacious leaving the far turn and held sway in the lane to win the $500,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) by a half-length March 26 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise