Grade II winner Lady Sabelia added the $100,000 Willa On the Move at Laurel Park to her resume Dec. 5, as Vorticity and Cathryn Sophia also landed impressive wins on the card.
Matthew Schera's Cage Fighter got a perfect stalking trip and kicked clear in the stretch to capture his first stakes in the $200,000 PTHA President's Cup Sept. 12 at Parx Racing.
Stakes winner Bellacourt, who finished third to 2011 champion 2-year-old filly My Miss Aurelia in last year's Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, was euthanized in mid-December due to complications from laminitis.
Water Cannon may have been the best 3-year-old among the six in the $75,000 Deputed Testimony, but fortune smiled on front-running Jane's Luck when the favorite's saddle slipped forward under Ryan Fogelsonger as the field ran down the backstretch.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente