The New York State Gaming Commission and New York Racing Association have announced enhanced security protocols for horses running in the two grade I stakes on the July 5 Stars and Stripes card at Belmont Park.
Here is the text of a "position paper" released by James L. Gagliano, president and chief operating officer of The Jockey Club as part of that organization's campaign for medication reform.
A group of Thoroughbred industry stakeholders announced Feb. 9 the establishment of the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, an organization designed to serve the accrediting body for aftercare facilities and fundraising.
The results of a major economic study of the Thoroughbred industry commissioned by The Jockey Club will be presented at The Jockey Club Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing.
The Jockey Club has published the 2011 editions of the "Online Fact Book" and state fact books within the Publications & Resources section of its website at jockeyclub.com.
David Haydon, who joined The Jockey Club staff in June 1974 and later served in an executive capacity with several of The Jockey Club's wholly owned subsidiaries as well as Equibase Company, will retire at the end of 2010.
Jason G. Wilson has been appointed vice president – business development for The Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity