The New York State Gaming Commission and New York Racing Association have announced enhanced security protocols for horses running in the two grade I stakes on the July 5 Stars and Stripes card at Belmont Park.
Here is the text of a "position paper" released by James L. Gagliano, president and chief operating officer of The Jockey Club as part of that organization's campaign for medication reform.
A group of Thoroughbred industry stakeholders announced Feb. 9 the establishment of the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, an organization designed to serve the accrediting body for aftercare facilities and fundraising.
The results of a major economic study of the Thoroughbred industry commissioned by The Jockey Club will be presented at The Jockey Club Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing.
The Jockey Club has published the 2011 editions of the "Online Fact Book" and state fact books within the Publications & Resources section of its website at jockeyclub.com.
David Haydon, who joined The Jockey Club staff in June 1974 and later served in an executive capacity with several of The Jockey Club's wholly owned subsidiaries as well as Equibase Company, will retire at the end of 2010.
Jason G. Wilson has been appointed vice president – business development for The Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- Xpressbet 'Big Bet' Offers Breeders' Cup Trip
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- WVRC Seeks Bill to Allow Flexibility on Dates
- Barretts Sets 2015 Auction Schedule
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored