Shut off while making what appeared to be a winning bid along the rail, Lady of Shamrock was awarded the $150,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) via disqualification April 20 at Santa Anita Park.
The prevailing trend in the American Thoroughbred marketplace recently has been positive and the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed sale generated more upbeat news as all key business figures increased from a year ago.
A Scat Daddy colt brought $400,000 around 2 p.m. EDT during the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
James Keogh has joined Lexington-based Select Sales Agency as a partner, it was announced July 9.
A Saint Liam yearling colt sold for $220,000 to top Saturday's session of the Keeneland January sale.
Yes She Is sells for $240,000 on Keeneland January sale's fourth day.
Friday evening's Thoroughbred Charities of America Stallion Season and Art Auction was the most successful and perhaps most unique in the 17 year history of the event.
Jim FitzGerald and James Keogh have dissolved their partnership in FitzGerald/Keogh Agency, a successful sales consignment company.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru