The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling auction sold its first seven-figure horse since 1983 and generated sale records for its average and median prices last Monday and Tuesday.
Wacky Patty, the only filly in Friday's $100,300 Landaluce Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds with a stakes victory to her credit, defeated Cherish Destiny by a length in the six-furlong test at Hollywood Park.
The death of major buyer Ahmed Salman makes it difficult for Barretts president Jerry McMahon to predict how the market will perform at the company's March select sale of 2-year-olds in training Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course