The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling auction sold its first seven-figure horse since 1983 and generated sale records for its average and median prices last Monday and Tuesday.
Wacky Patty, the only filly in Friday's $100,300 Landaluce Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds with a stakes victory to her credit, defeated Cherish Destiny by a length in the six-furlong test at Hollywood Park.
The death of major buyer Ahmed Salman makes it difficult for Barretts president Jerry McMahon to predict how the market will perform at the company's March select sale of 2-year-olds in training Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Lexie Lou Heads Ontario Lassie
- Jed Doro, Nancy Ury Added to Oaklawn Staff
- Brisnet.com Ultimate Guide to Aqueduct Inner
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery