The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling auction sold its first seven-figure horse since 1983 and generated sale records for its average and median prices last Monday and Tuesday.
Wacky Patty, the only filly in Friday's $100,300 Landaluce Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds with a stakes victory to her credit, defeated Cherish Destiny by a length in the six-furlong test at Hollywood Park.
The death of major buyer Ahmed Salman makes it difficult for Barretts president Jerry McMahon to predict how the market will perform at the company's March select sale of 2-year-olds in training Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks