Quiet Temper, owner Mark Stanley's star 3-year-old filly, got up to win the March 26 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) by a half-length as the favorite over pacesetter Champage d'Oro.
Taking advantage of a slow pace, Crisp upset prohibitive favorite Blind Luck in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at rainy Santa Anita Park March 6.
Crisp, who blew the turn in her prior start yet still managed to break her maiden, proved to be an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
New York shipper Quiet Temper broke her maiden in style when she crushed the field in the $500,000 Boyd Gaming's Delta Princess Stakes Powered by Youbet.com (gr. III) on a sloppy track at snow-pelted Delta Downs on Dec. 4.
Central Kentucky farrier James E. "JJ" Jones died March 17 of an apparent heart attack.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- G. G. Ryder Makes Grade in San Francisco Mile