Quiet Temper, owner Mark Stanley's star 3-year-old filly, got up to win the March 26 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) by a half-length as the favorite over pacesetter Champage d'Oro.
Taking advantage of a slow pace, Crisp upset prohibitive favorite Blind Luck in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at rainy Santa Anita Park March 6.
Crisp, who blew the turn in her prior start yet still managed to break her maiden, proved to be an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
New York shipper Quiet Temper broke her maiden in style when she crushed the field in the $500,000 Boyd Gaming's Delta Princess Stakes Powered by Youbet.com (gr. III) on a sloppy track at snow-pelted Delta Downs on Dec. 4.
Central Kentucky farrier James E. "JJ" Jones died March 17 of an apparent heart attack.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill