Quiet Temper, owner Mark Stanley's star 3-year-old filly, got up to win the March 26 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) by a half-length as the favorite over pacesetter Champage d'Oro.
Taking advantage of a slow pace, Crisp upset prohibitive favorite Blind Luck in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at rainy Santa Anita Park March 6.
Crisp, who blew the turn in her prior start yet still managed to break her maiden, proved to be an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
New York shipper Quiet Temper broke her maiden in style when she crushed the field in the $500,000 Boyd Gaming's Delta Princess Stakes Powered by Youbet.com (gr. III) on a sloppy track at snow-pelted Delta Downs on Dec. 4.
Central Kentucky farrier James E. "JJ" Jones died March 17 of an apparent heart attack.
Most Popular Stories
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee