Quiet Temper, owner Mark Stanley's star 3-year-old filly, got up to win the March 26 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) by a half-length as the favorite over pacesetter Champage d'Oro.
Taking advantage of a slow pace, Crisp upset prohibitive favorite Blind Luck in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at rainy Santa Anita Park March 6.
Crisp, who blew the turn in her prior start yet still managed to break her maiden, proved to be an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
New York shipper Quiet Temper broke her maiden in style when she crushed the field in the $500,000 Boyd Gaming's Delta Princess Stakes Powered by Youbet.com (gr. III) on a sloppy track at snow-pelted Delta Downs on Dec. 4.
Central Kentucky farrier James E. "JJ" Jones died March 17 of an apparent heart attack.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- First Winners for Crossbow, Gattopardo
- Dialed In Colt Reckling Graduates at Saratoga
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers