Quiet Temper, owner Mark Stanley's star 3-year-old filly, got up to win the March 26 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) by a half-length as the favorite over pacesetter Champage d'Oro.
Taking advantage of a slow pace, Crisp upset prohibitive favorite Blind Luck in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at rainy Santa Anita Park March 6.
Crisp, who blew the turn in her prior start yet still managed to break her maiden, proved to be an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
New York shipper Quiet Temper broke her maiden in style when she crushed the field in the $500,000 Boyd Gaming's Delta Princess Stakes Powered by Youbet.com (gr. III) on a sloppy track at snow-pelted Delta Downs on Dec. 4.
Central Kentucky farrier James E. "JJ" Jones died March 17 of an apparent heart attack.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- After the Wire: Pennsylvania Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired