James T. Hines Jr., who was looking forward to the spring classics with his homebred colt Lawyer Ron, was found dead Feb. 21 in the indoor swimming pool at his home near Owensboro, Ky.
Jockey Pat Day and stewards at Turfway Park will have to give sworn testimony as a result of a U.S. District Court judge's denial of a motion to dismiss a case in which Day is accused of striking another horse with his whip during the $250,000 Turfway Park Breeders' Cup Sept. 16, 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- V.E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys