Gai Waterhouse, Australia's first lady of racing, enjoyed her first victory in the nation's most famous race when Fiorente took the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) from Red Cadeaux in a thriller at Flemington Nov. 5.
A daughter of Darley sire Dubawi was the object of a lengthy bidding duel Aug. 18 at the second session Arqana Deauville August yearling sale before selling for the evening's highest price of 1.5 million euros.
A Redoute's Choice colt sold for $800,000 (approximately US$845,585) to top trading Jan. 11 at the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale, where figures remained ahead of last year's sale through three days.
A colt by leading Australian sire Fastnet Rock sold for $1,350,000 (approximately $1,427,155 US) Jan. 10 at Magic Millions, sparking fireworks at the second session of the Gold Coast yearling sale in Queensland.
A trio of offspring by Australian leading sire Fastnet Rock commanded the top prices at the opening session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet