Veteran trainer James DiVito posted the 1,000th win of his career Dec. 20 when Jazzy Sun prevailed in the eighth race at Hawthorne Racecourse.
Recount led from the gate but had to fight out the finish of the $125,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) with familiar rival Private Prospect for a head-bobbing victory Sept. 6 at Arlington International Racecourse.
Making his initial start for trainer Nick Zito, Spot collared weakening No Nay Never in the drive and bounded away to a 2 1/2-length win in the $200,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) March 1 at Gulfstream Park.
Though just a $25,000 2-year-old purchase, Piratesonthelake has proven himself a consistent sprinter at both Hawthorne and Arlington Park, winning four races during the year.
Solo Survivor got the first graded stakes win of her career when she went from last to first to win the $150,000 Matron Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park Sept. 8.
Trainer James DiVito will send 3-year-old gelding Coach Jimi Lee in search of his third straight win while taking on some of the best sprinters in the country in Saturday's $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Arlington Park invader Coach Jimi Lee surprised racing fans at Hoosier Park by taking the $100,000 Hoosier Juvenile Saturday at Hoosier Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos